There's nothing comical about being without health insurance....
The TriCare TAMP or the Transitional Assistance Management Program extends TriCare benefits for 180 days
to members and thier families for members who were:
- Involuntarily Separated
- Separated from Active Duty with immediate SELRES Contract
- Receives a Sole Survivorship Discharge
- Reservists who were separated from active duty service while in support of a contingency operation (if the active duty is for a period of more than 30 days)
- Separated after being Involuntarily Retained due to Stop-Loss
- Separated from active duty served under a voluntary agreement to stay on active duty for less than one year in support of a contingency operation
Your 180 days begins the day after you separate. More details can be found here.